HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonkers

Back To The Family

16 posts in this topic

Hi people.

Just dropping in to say hi. You will probably see me around here a bit more now.

My 08 RMZ450 got stolen last week and my new ride arrived today.

dsc00087oz9.jpg

Anyway's just though i would pop in and say high.

Great looking bike, I can't wait to get mine.

Should be good. asv c5's arrived today also.

Acro should be here monday

and springs and gold valves should be here also early next week.

Will go from there. Is a pain in the ass i have to start again in such a short time but oh well.

gold valves should be here also early next week.

Do yourself a favor; send them back.

Well bike is all together and suspension is all done. It is so nice to ride. I am likeing it sooooo much.

16082008148nf1.jpg

16082008149yt4.jpg

16082008152kl4.jpg

jonkers - How does the 09 YZ 450 turn compared to the 08 RMZ 450? Also, whats the stability like between the two?

The rmz turned quicker. But i like the yz better. It is not as twitchy as the rmz and is more predictable. I am actually quicker through corners and can get on the gas quicker.

The rmz turned quicker. But i like the yz better. It is not as twitchy as the rmz and is more predictable. I am actually quicker through corners and can get on the gas quicker.

Sounds great.I thought you may have been considering sticking with yellow but just couldn't get another RMZ due to lack of supply worldwide? Looks like you are convinced about the YZF now? :thumbsup:

Sounds great.I thought you may have been considering sticking with yellow but just couldn't get another RMZ due to lack of supply worldwide? Looks like you are convinced about the YZF now? :thumbsup:

Dont get me wrong. The rmz is great. And if they had of had another one i would of got one.

But now after riding the yz i would pick the yzf. I went riding again this afternoon and it just unbelivable. Love it so much. And its not just cause it is a new bike i have had 2 new ones in so close proximity.

Dont get me wrong. The rmz is great. And if they had of had another one i would of got one.

But now after riding the yz i would pick the yzf. I went riding again this afternoon and it just unbelivable. Love it so much. And its not just cause it is a new bike i have had 2 new ones in so close proximity.

Cool to hear. If i was in the market for a bike now, it would be the 09 yami hands down, as it seems the most refined of the bunch. Looks like i'll be waiting for 2010 to come around, there should be big changes then motor wise (maybe efi?) but hopefully yamaha wont try to fix what isnt broke by changing the chassis too and suspension too much (which is what is so outstanding on the yamis)