Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drkarnes

Yamaha says WR450 is 245 lbs. dry

18 posts in this topic

Does anyone remember how much they lied, I mean claimed the 426 weighed. I'm wondering how much "error" to factor in. They also list the YZ at 222 while MXA said 232. I wouldn't mind a WR 450 at 255 lbs with fluids sans gas, but if it's 255 bone dry, I'm not very impressed.

For a brief period of time, Yamaha 's web site claimed 7 lbs lighter that the '02. Dissapeared almost overnight. This was back in July, I think.

Since I really don't know what Yamaha claimed the '02 weighed, can't say what ???-7 lbs is. If true, 7 lbs less with e-start would be very attractive. I won't be a believer, however, until someone gets delivery on an '03 :) and puts it on a scale.

On the Yamaha site, you can compare bike specs and if you do so with the 450 vs the '02 426, you'll see that the '02 426 was claimed to be 240lbs.

Math :)

If everyone keeps sweating the weight of the '03s, it'll be a mute point by the time they are released. A 7lb lighter rider has got to be about as good as a 7lb lighter bike... :) and way cheaper than titanium!

Why don't we start a pool.

Closest one wins.

I say it will weigh 269 lbs dry on the famously accurate DB scale when they weigh it.

Any one else?

Somewhere else I guessed 265. So I'm stickin' w/ that.

Problem is that a TTalker w/ a scale will likely beat Dirt Bike by a month or two w/ the first "published" weight.

But I like your rule. Whoever is closest to DB wins. No offense, but I hope you lose. :)

Don't think i will get the chance to weigh mine dry so i will say 262lbs. , wet with no fuel. Can't wait, get the 1st one in. If it is anything like my YZ 450F it is going to be sweet..See you at the race's...