Golden Spectro 4 Semi Synthetic ???

Has anyone tried this oil out? I have been a fan of Amsoil 10w40, however Cycle Gear near my house recomeded this out (they don't sell Amsoil). I only ask because my freind ride's a KX 450 and his clutch was making a winding sound comming back to the pits and he said he uses this oil as well.

Gray, one quick question. I was on Amsoils web page just a bit ago and they said they are fine for wet clutches. I know that you had to hear that the boys at MXA said not to use it(read that some time back). That's kind of why I said I would give this one a try as well. Do you think a fully synthetic shortens the clutch life from our beloved dirt scooters?

I ran the same clutch in a 4 speed YZ450 gear two teeth taller than stock for 3 years on Mobil 1 and Amsoil, and it was still in perfect condition at the end of that time. I don't know where the statement from MXA on this subject came from, but it's patently ridiculous, and has no basis in fact at all.

Read:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6636906#post6636906

i used to use this stuff before switching to amsoil.. worked really good. just broke down a bit to fast for my liking.. had 5 oil changes.. all were changed out at around 4-6 hours of riding time.. 2 of the 5 the oil broke down.. but it was also summer.. since switching to amsoil.. this problem hasnt happand and ive been riding even harder..

but for the price this stuff works..

visual comparision.. i wish i could of done some kind of test for sure tho..

the oil if i rember correctly, was foamy, a bit milky and plan out had alot of silver flakes in it.. switched to amsoil.. nothing since.. and i change it every 2 rides depending on how hard.. sometimes 3... it just didnt make me feel safe...

Visual clues to an oil's condition are almost entirely unreliable. You can see if there's a bunch of stuff in it, and coolant contamination is pretty obvious, but there's not much else you can tell about it, even by the color.

I do agree with you that Amsoil is better, though.

and that is also another main reason im using amsoil. i feel so much more confident in that my motor is not gunna blow, or that im wearing parts out faster inside the motor.. due to a lesser oil..