HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkyz

Forks Click

2 posts in this topic

Ok, I know this isn't 450 related but I searched for this issue on the whole forum and found a few posts but no reasoning or even replies on it, so I figured I ask the guys who know their stuff.

So I was looking at a bike for my girlfriend, an 04 TTR-125. So i decided to check how the suspension moved through it's stroke and how the rebound was and noticed that the forks make a click sound (metallic) every time on the down stroke at about the midway point through the stroke. I've never had a bike make any noise but the sound of oil and the seals while moving. Just wondering if anyone has any insight on this?

My friends bike did the same thing after he had his fork seals rebuilt by shop...turns out that they had broken one of the internal parts inside and also had vertually no oil in them:bonk: