HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nickt916

shortening 07 yz muffler possible?

6 posts in this topic

I wanted to install the 08 yz muffler but they are hard to find on eBay it seems. Can the yz be shortened? Then I was going to put on pro billet spark arrestor. Anyone done it? Or will it be to loud? I don't wanna start chopping if there will be to many complications

Thx

I wanted to install the 08 yz muffler but they are hard to find on eBay it seems. Can the yz be shortened? Then I was going to put on pro billet spark arrestor. Anyone done it? Or will it be to loud? I don't wanna start chopping if there will be to many complications

Thx

there was a post on that in the YZ forum, I think in april.

excellent, thanks. I'll have search on some repacking tips but it seems like a fairly east job yes?

I've got to stay under 96dbs. I would not be surpriseed if its too loud. listen to grayracer he know what he is talking about.

Yes you'll be too loud shortening an '06 or '07 YZ muffler.

Tastefully short mufflers that flirt w/ the 96 db limit with it's quiet core are the FMF powercore 4/TI powercore mufflers.

The whole can is under the numberplate and the only thing that sticks out is the endcap :ride: