Where's a good spot to mount a catch can on a 2006 yz450f?

Hey everyone, just wondering where a good spot to mount a catch can on a 2006 yz450f? I actually would like some ideas on what to use for one...? I know about the turkey baster mod and if all else fails I might do that. I have the next feww days off so I want to tinker with my bike...any mods or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

medium36-380.jpgHa ha would this work?

Right behind the rad with the cap.

Canister_Mounted_550.jpg

Right behind the rad with the cap.

Canister_Mounted_550.jpg

Where do you find a bottle like that? I cant find one anywhere!!! Please share...lol:worthy: :ride:

TT should carry them - or any other on line MX store.

try bikebandit.com

IDk I cant find it on either site...

Wow okay thanks a lot man:worthy: ...that ktm one looks nice too...not sure which one I'll get. Might just order the one from thumpertalk to keep it local:thumbsup:

I bought a wr can and hose off of e-bay for about $25 and mounted it where they do with some home made hardware and it works great. I did the turkey baster mod but it was too small of a baster. Only like 1 oz.

I bought a wr can and hose off of e-bay for about $25 and mounted it where they do with some home made hardware and it works great. I did the turkey baster mod but it was too small of a baster. Only like 1 oz.

I know, I've been trying to find a WR can and also a Raptor can but can't seem to find one yet...I'll keep searching:ride:

U got a pic of yours?

I just found one for a raptor...does any one know the dimensions of one?

Mine was off of a raptor too and it fit. My dim. are: 2 1/8" wide by 8 1/2 long at the longest points front of can to filler cap. I can post a pic if you need one but it looks identical to a wr can.....I might of even looked up part numbers and found them to be the same from a wr to raptor?

Mine was off of a raptor too and it fit. My dim. are: 2 1/8" wide by 8 1/2 long at the longest points front of can to filler cap. I can post a pic if you need one but it looks identical to a wr can.....I might of even looked up part numbers and found them to be the same from a wr to raptor?

Ya if you have the time, I would like to see a pic but it's no biggy...I just want to know what Im dealing with here...Thanks a lot!:ride:;)

PS. Did you mount yours behinf the radiator too?

Iused the one from APA. with the custom bracket i made it works real well

IMG_1905.jpg

i added a 2006 wr 450 catch can to my 06 yz450. I bought some hose from home depot and mounted it behind the rear fender left side. I used a small metal bracket for the back mount and a tye wrap for the front. It looks factory and works great.

Ya if you have the time, I would like to see a pic but it's no biggy...I just want to know what Im dealing with here...Thanks a lot!;):p

PS. Did you mount yours behinf the radiator too?

No, mine is behind the left rear number plate/pannel. It looks like a factory job like Mike Martel said. I used an electrical conduit metal strap and bent the tab a little flat so it would fit over the frame mount hole. By far the easiest aftermarket way. Swatdoc doesn't mess around though :ride: