HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim813

08 front brake squeak?

3 posts in this topic

Im not sure if this is the right forum to post in for this question but I dont know a better one.I have a 2008 yz450 with 20 hours. I wasnt happy with the stock front brake and decided to buy a EBC oversized rotor with fresh brake pads( EBC "R" series sintered brake pads). When I first put everything on it squeaked horribly. It got better but still squeaks pretty regularly? I forgot to mention that when I had the stock rotor and pads on it was squeaking a little. I dont ride that hard to get the brakes that hot, and have never expierienced this before. Any ideas or is this just normal? Also the front brake with the EBC setup seems to be like it grabs then sort of releases and then grabs, almost like you were braking hard over good sized braking bumbs... any ideas? Should I just buy a honda front master cylinder?

Im not sure if this is the right forum to post in for this question but I dont know a better one.I have a 2008 yz450 with 20 hours. I wasnt happy with the stock front brake and decided to buy a EBC oversized rotor with fresh brake pads( EBC "R" series sintered brake pads). When I first put everything on it squeaked horribly. It got better but still squeaks pretty regularly? I forgot to mention that when I had the stock rotor and pads on it was squeaking a little. I dont ride that hard to get the brakes that hot, and have never expierienced this before. Any ideas or is this just normal? Also the front brake with the EBC setup seems to be like it grabs then sort of releases and then grabs, almost like you were braking hard over good sized braking bumbs... any ideas? Should I just buy a honda front master cylinder?

ride the bike harder to get that front break hotter so it can do its job.

the stock breaks on the 06+ are pretty damn good and unless you are pounding out laps at Glen Helen's pro track in a 90+ degree day i doubt you will have many problems with them. or riding super moto.

you probably are just building up break dust from the pads and not getting the breaks hot enough to clean it off. maybe use break cleaner on the rotors to clean the build up off and then ride the piss out of your bike.

i really have no idea but that sounded good right?

almost sounds like you have a bent front brake router from your last statement. a honda master cyclinder will not stop squeaking. I have the same problem with my back brakes. I drag them thru turns so they get so hot the router will actually warp over time. Never had a problem with the fronts.