Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skisnh

Coolant

6 posts in this topic

I recently purchased an 04 wr450f. I took it out yesterday and all I can say is wow....the best bike I have owned....so today I was washing it (gained 4 or 5 lbs of mud):ride: and when I looked at the coolant over flow bottle 1. it was over filled 2. the coolant looked like muddy water...the coolant in the radiator looks fresh and green..is there a problem? should I just drain the system or is it normal once you boil it a little?

that doesn't sound right. Your coolant system should be sealed, and there shouldn't be any dirt in there. i'd check the overflow bottle and tubing for any breaks or cracks, then drain - flush - and replace the coolant. i'd hate to get a bunch of junk in the radiators like that.

Agree with KS, could be previous owner by accident road through few rivers/streams/mud and the overflow cap was open/off.At least radiator fluid clean, sure its something minor.Definately check it out anyway:ride:

What type of antifreeze do you guys use in yours? Do you use any "water wetter" or any other additives?

Thanks for the response....I'm going to change the anti freeze and monitor the coolant overflow from there....I'll keep you posted...

SKISNH

What type of antifreeze do you guys use in yours? Do you use any "water wetter" or any other additives?

engine ice , what i use.