Wr426 Help!?!?!

hey guys, i'm new to thumpertalk so don't really know what's up and where to post, sorry

but on my 01 wr426, i get the bike warmed up, ride for maybe 5 minutes and the idle shoots waaaaay up, as if the choke was on and pushes the bike... i can litterally go from a standstill through 3rd without twisting the throttle??? even while cruising if i pull the clutch, the idle jumps, just with clutch in

on flats if i use the front brake the bike pushes so hard that the front tire locks up while the rear tire pushes it forward??? coming down hills is impossible and i kill it and put it in nuetral

i'm not to sure if it's in the carb or what causes it to act up after about 5 minutes of riding :ride:

thank you, and like i said new to thumpertalk and it's kinda scattered so didn't know where to post, but just let me know and i'll throw it somewhere else

Probably your idle screw. Back it down, so that it idles how you want it to after it is warm. As far as posting goes if you click on the forum tab in the top right, from there scroll down and you will find under Yamaha a link that is just for WR's. And welcome!!! Everyone on here has helped me out a ton, I'm a newbie to.

that would be kinda a pain in my ass trying to set the idle screw back again once it's cold???

so go ride it, turn the screw to lower the idle while it's revving high, then the next morning it'll be dead and have to adjust, and adjust and adjust???

Set the idle while its hot so it'll idle when your out on a ride. Then you just leave it set at that, and choke it the first start to get her warmed up.

cool thanks it was just weird cause i choke it, and it goes, give it 30 seconds +- then cut the choke and idle's perfect, but i'll play with the idle cause that makes sense

any way the carb could be dirty and getting held open??? or just play with idle and see what happens

Mine has to be ridden about 5 mins or so before it'll actually idle on its own with out dieing. But once I get her warm she idles at a really low rpm great.

thanks that's what it is, i'll play with it tomorrow before work... and maybe ride it to work haha

jeez manzzz i also drive a 98 dodge durango, 5.9L, 31" tires, full offroad ready, fully loaded... gettin 12 mpg on a good day :ride:

and my WR used to be street legal when my uncle had it, but that's long gone

so i've just been riding it on the streets, 2 nights ago got chased by not one, but two cops, highway patrol (didn't try to chase very long) then me and my buddy (he's on a KTM 300 MXC) got chased by a Sheriff in his SRT-8 Charger... we got away somehow, hit the dirt and chilled for about... 2 hours lol

gas prices suck dick

Mine has to be ridden about 5 mins or so before it'll actually idle on its own with out dieing. But once I get her warm she idles at a really low rpm great.

Really? With mine I set the choke, two or there kicks cold and she starts. Then I let it idle until it starts to miss slightly (about a min) pop the choke in the it idles perfect. :ride: She doesn't like quick throttle until the temp gets over 100 but no idle problems.

Really? With mine I set the choke, two or there kicks cold and she starts. Then I let it idle until it starts to miss slightly (about a min) pop the choke in the it idles perfect. :ride: She doesn't like quick throttle until the temp gets over 100 but no idle problems.

This is exactly like my 02 426. I think A_Steezy may be a bit lean on the pilot circuit, causing the engine to run up once it's warm.

This is exactly like my 02 426. I think A_Steezy may be a bit lean on the pilot circuit, causing the engine to run up once it's warm.

that makes more sense, like idle is super low right now yet after about 15 minutes, the engine hypes up still, not as bad, but it definently still does it...

this place where i'm riding is dang near the only place it's been, elevation varies up maybe 4,000 feet, but where my house is located is equivelant to my uncles, and that's where the bikes been at all it's life... so can the 'pilot circuit' change from sitting???