HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Keo

Wanted: XR650R Service Manual

7 posts in this topic

If anyone has a service manual for XR650R and is willing to part with it, please let me know. I don't mind buying it, if it is less than the ~$50 that Helm, Inc. wants. With all the other money I have been spending on the BRP lately, my wife won't be pleased if I drop another $50+ on a manual.

Thanks,

Keo

You might be able to get one through Chaparral Motorsports. They wanted about 30-40 bucks for one. I went to get one a couple weeks ago and I think that is the price they told me. Give them a call or contact them through their website: chaparralmotorsports.com

Keo - I got the Helm manual a month ago and it is worth the money if you are going to do anything in depth on the bike. It is very thorough with good pictures.

Ok, I guess I will bite the bullet after the new year. I still have to buy a speedo, mirror, and a torque wrench this week....lol.

I bought the Honda 650R manual for around $65. They're pretty much a necessity and will pay for themselves in the long run versus hauling the bike to the shop. I didn't know much about wrenching on bikes and bought one for my 600 many years ago. Followed the step-by-step pictures and now I can pretty much work comfortably on most things except splitting the cases.

A few hints for wrenching on your bike: Grab the digital camera and take pictures as you disassemble it the first time. And after you remove a part, cover, etc, put the bolt/nut back on with a few turns so it doesn't get mixed up in the pile. That way you won't end up with all those left over part after re-assembly. :)

Digital Camera...awsome idea! Great for us guys with short term memory loss! Hee Hee! : :) Now, where did I put that gas tank?!