just picked up 07 WR450 how does it compare to YZ450

right now the bike was jetted because smog stuff was removed. I'm just asking if the 06-08 yz pipe and yz header header will work on a 07-08 wr or the wr header same as yz?

I'm at work for like 12 hours, my phone is the only Internet access, very hard to do these type of researches

tribalbc bolted up a 08 yz exhuast. and says it works fine. and they are cheap and undiserable so you might find one cheap.

does this help? if you uinstal the complete exhuast then yes a 06-08 should bolt right up.

but if you try and put together a hodge podge mix of head pipe and muffler then you are going to have some trail and error.

here is an example of a guy that installed a 2007 head pipe with stock muffler.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6524391#post6524391

yea I'm basically just trying to get a yz piping to free up wr, but didn't get a chance to research this yet. 08 yz piping is still same it's just the muffler that they changed a bit to quiet it down a bit?

I'm still no clear, the header on wr is thinner compared to the yz? I'm looking on eBay on my phone and wondering if I should buy both that's if they are different

08 yz piping is still same it's just the muffler that they changed a bit to quiet it down a bit?

NO, on the 08 yz450 the muffler and the head pipe was changed to reduce noise and performance. the head pipe diamter is thiner then before. a thicker gasket is used at the junction between the head pipe and silencer.

the diameter of the WR pipe is even smaller. I'm still running the WR headpipe with a leo vince slipon. and that slipon made a huge difference for low end.

but I bought the leo vince because they are the only manufacture that would give me any info, they actually publish specs for their pipes with real dimensions on them.

Thank you. I'll try and find the yz pipe and header on eBay, I bought my bike don't even have time to check it out yet :ride: tomorrow I start taking it apart ;) by the way demo do you know but how much quiter the 08 pipe is and how much more restrictive it is compared to 06-07... im assuming its probably lighter by about 2lbs no?

Yes the 08 is lighter and quieter. I test anywhere between 93 and 97db's with my 08 :ride: Is it more restrive ? Probably, can't tell you from experience but it's a hell of a lot better than the stock exhaust. It makes perfect offroad power. Good and tractable from the bottom up. You hardly need the clutch anymore, way more torque off the bottom

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631680

Yes the 08 is lighter and quieter. I test anywhere between 93 and 97db's with my 08 :ride: Is it more restrive ? Probably, can't tell you from experience but it's a hell of a lot better than the stock exhaust. It makes perfect offroad power. Good and tractable from the bottom up. You hardly need the clutch anymore, way more torque off the bottom

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631680

thanks, so im thinking either the 06-07 exhaust or the 08 with 07 header, or that wont work together since they changed full exhaust in 08?

thanks, so im thinking either the 06-07 exhaust or the 08 with 07 header, or that wont work together since they changed full exhaust in 08?

you should post this question on the yz board. but the 08 exhaust is super light. which, per yout original post was a prority. alltought there are a few posts on yz forum for it having packing issues.

but I've been told that you can fit any of thease muffler and head pipes together with the right gasket.

Gaskets.jpg