HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4xsama

Servicing/Maintenance Between Rides

4 posts in this topic

Howdy,

What do you guys do to your bikes between rides before you put da ride away?

Except the obvious like clean off the dirt and oil the chain, maybe WD40 the motor when do you;

Change Oil?

Clean Air Filter?

etc........

Cheers

...even when I'm being lazy -- the minimum I do is hose off the bike, clean the air filter, change the oil and filter at least every other ride, and oil the chain. There is always more that could or should be done. Best bet is to check your owners manual and follow the guidelines for maintenance. I have always felt it was important to do valve adjustments as scheduled.

I must admit I do very little, I ride a least once a week in mostly dry desert conditions, I wash it only if it gets muddy, change my air filter once a month, oil every couple months, chain once a month or so, I am neglectful but have checked my valves and greased the bearings, one of the reasons I bought a WR is that I know I am a lazy SOB and I heard they can take neglect better than some other bikes.........:ride:

I must admit I do very little, I ride a least once a week in mostly dry desert conditions, I wash it only if it gets muddy, change my air filter once a month, oil every couple months, chain once a month or so, I am neglectful but have checked my valves and greased the bearings, one of the reasons I bought a WR is that I know I am a lazy SOB and I heard they can take neglect better than some other bikes.........:ride:

sounds like my schedule , grease everything once a year . change oil couple times a year , when it isn't so golden . check valves once a year . still haven't had to adjust .