HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bubbaisthebest

my 99 yz400f is getting no spark

3 posts in this topic

i washed my bike today, and i started it right after i washed it, it ran for about 10 seconds, and then it quit. i checked to see if its getting spark, and no spark. we put a fresh plug in 5 days ago. im thinking that something got wet and shorted out when i started it. please help. thanks bubbaisthebest.

Dry the coil wire and plug boot off with a carb cleaner that contains alcohol, such as Berryman's B12, or with rubbing alcohol. See if that takes care of it

the spark plug was getting spark, i found out the hard way, by holding the base of the plug and kicking it over, but the end of the plug must have got messed up. i just put in a new plug, and she fired right up on the first kick. thanksd for replies, bubbaisthebest