HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Max4969

Wheels 450 WRF 2003 supermotard

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have a 450 WRF and I'd like to change the wheel in supermotard, however the wheels are quite pricy, even used wheels. I have heard that it is possible to put wheels of road bikes. Can somebody confirm this, and so which one can I put?

Thanks

People have been putting street bike wheels on for a supermoto conversion, but they all require custom spacers and sometimes machine work on the wheels. I'm currently in the process of fitting Katana wheels on my WR 400 for a supermoto set up. So if you don't have access to a machine shop, then it probably won't be worth it unless you buy a set up someone has already machined.

I can't help you with new wheels, but I might be interested in your stockers if you decide to sell them.

John

People have been putting street bike wheels on for a supermoto conversion, but they all require custom spacers and sometimes machine work on the wheels.
I'd like to do a sumo conversion on my WR450, but the cost of wheels is a limiting factor. Do you know which 17" wheels will work without machine work and only custom spacers? Spacers would be easy to make.

i have of people useing honda f2 wheels. I am curently making my bike into a road fighter. The last part for me is the wheels. i bought a 4 pistion motomaster front caliper. installed a sumo front fender, frame sliders. a fan also.