HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jewels Gomez

!!!A 2 WHEEL DRIVE YAMAHA wr450!!!

3 posts in this topic

Theyve been out for a while now. They were only sold overseas and in very limited numbers. One was raced in the Paris to Dakar rally a few years ago and did pretty good. Very expensive too!

You could buy them new from a canadian outfit, International M/C brokers I think. Anyway, they were $12,000 new about 2 years ago I think.

Yes, I believe it won the Paris Dakar in the small bore class and I've seen videos of European hare scrambles where they had to run up this stream with lots of rocks, moss, slime and the thing did noticeably well or better compared to the other bikes.

It's a hydraulic drive and if I understand correctly the pump is driven off of the counter shaft so the faster the motor spins the more power is delivered to the front wheel.

I think the Christini systems are superior in design and function.. I don't know if they have one a Yamaha yet:confused: