Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slinkyman16

quick ? about footpegs?

6 posts in this topic

are the pegs interchangable between 250 and 450s? lookin to get some oversized pegs and found some stock 08 pegs off a 250f for a good price that has springs and clips included.. just need to know they will work on my 07.. thanks

josh

I put '02 YZ250 smoker pegs on my '06 450 after I broke one. I think those are one of the many interchangeable-over-the-years parts.

thanks.. i was pretty sure i could swap them.. but i might not get them now as the 08 yz250f footpegs were stainless steel instead of ti.. kinda irritated me when i saw that cause i was so ready to jump on um.

thanks.. i was pretty sure i could swap them.. but i might not get them now as the 08 yz250f footpegs were stainless steel instead of ti.. kinda irritated me when i saw that cause i was so ready to jump on um.

Stainless, really? Where did you see them? I'll buy them...I don't like the Ti footpegs for offroad, they are not tough enough. Busted one in the first race of the year and it cost me quite a bit of time and a few positions :thumbsup:

Stainless, really? Where did you see them? I'll buy them...I don't like the Ti footpegs for offroad, they are not tough enough. Busted one in the first race of the year and it cost me quite a bit of time and a few positions :thumbsup:
The '08 pegs are wider, too. A definite plus.

The OEM cast Ti pegs are a little more fragile than they might be, but fabricated pegs like the Lightspeed units are pretty tough.