Just played with the new WR450

WOW. Sign me up! I'll be a Yamaha Dealer in JUNE! HEHE

Didint get to ride it obviously...but

Very Similar seat to the current YZ seat

Tank is loooong and probably 1 inch wider than the YZ450 (1/2 inch either side)

Nice and light. (will find out the weight tomorrow)

Interesting Ignition on/off button????

VERY easy to get up on the tank/great ergos

Joe

I'm a bit confused, but then that's not new. Did you see/touch it at a bike show, dealer, other. And was it in Washington or where? Thanks, I am very interested if they are showing up at dealers finally. Good info in your post. Hope I don't need special training for the starter.

I saw the new WR450 this past weekend at the IMS (International Motorcycle Show) that was put on at the Seattle Convention Center.

I sat on it for a bit, pushed the kill switch and kicked it over a couple of times, then I walked away.

I want to continue to be happy with my '98 WR400, and I pushed it just by sitting on that bike.

You 2003 WR soon-to-be owners out there are going to be very happy.

Yes that pipe in Sabin's photos are the Euro Spec Pipe we in South Africa also get the Euro spec bikes and all the WR's have always come out with that disgusting pipe.

The US spec bikes will probably have the usual type pipe.

That is why I have ordered a new pipe I dont want that disgusting Euro pipe it makes the bike sound like a scooter

Got to sit on a WR450 at the motorcycle show in Denver yesterday. Very nice ergos. It is much thinner than my 2000, seems lots lighter too, I'm sure this is due to it being narrower. Because of its thinner profile it is very easy to move around on and seems you can get further up on the tank. Very nice. Can't wait to read ride reports.