HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drtbkfan

FMF Mega-Bomb Questions:

7 posts in this topic

I've got an 06 WR450 and have performed all the free mods as well as JD jetting kit, POW NOW, POW NOW+ and accelerator pump cover. I'm thinking about adding an FMF mega -bomb header, but I'd like to keep the stock tailpipe. Has anyone added only the mega-bomb header with the stock tailpipe and did it work well? I rode a friends WR450 with one and it really seemed to improve the low-mid response, but he also has the Q4 tailpipe. I'd prefer to keep the stock tailpipe if possible... Thanks! :thumbsup:

-drtbkfan

the mega bomb will fit the stock can . but the stock can is the main thing choking out the power. you would be better off just replacing the slip on . I have a mega bomd and a speed pipe on my 07 . the can does more then the header.

I have a power bomb header and have used the stock rear section with it. Its seems a bit pointless to me though, the stock rear section kills the power.

I have a power bomb header and have used the stock rear section with it. Its seems a bit pointless to me though, the stock rear section kills the power.

did you use a gasket? or was it just metal on metal?

I have the powerbomb also. I cannot tell the difference. But changing from the stock to the factory 4 pipe is a big difference, with or without the powerbomb header.

did you use a gasket? or was it just metal on metal?

gasket.

I use a q pipe so not much louder than stock but shitloads more power !!!!!!!! I used to run a factory four but it was too loud so got the q pipe for less noise and I think it still makes 99.9% of the power.