HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dl19

Air Filter Foam Where?

4 posts in this topic

I posted here because I usually get great answers. I am working on a totally thrashed 96 KTM50SXR. It does not have an air filter, and I am having a hard time finding parts on line. The filter box is a full open top, bottom carb feed that is square except for the back. The back is cupped shaped to clear the shock. I was thinking of using filter foam and just building my own to stuff down after cutting to fit. So is there a bulk filter foam that comes in squares, who makes it, and where do I get it? Any help would be appreciated.

I've used fish pond foam media before in a homemade air cleaner . I had the stuff laying around . I'm not sure if can find a place that sells the stuff near you

I got some foam that worked for an old Montessa from a foam supply warehouse. They just gave me a big chunk for free :thumbsup:

Yes, I have admitted I am an idiot before. UNI and No Toil sell bulk air filter foam in blocks. Just ordered some UNI. Now just cut and fit. Try finding parts for a 12YOA KTM kids bike or getting them in a reasonable time if you can. Nothing like having to fabricate parts for a bike that should have piles of parts available. Now I know why I don't have one (Euro bike) no matter how easy they are to license. Thanks for the help.