Updated:2006 yz450f: Found pieces of metal behind ignition cover...(Found Problems)

#6. The '06 lever is 2S2-18140-00-00. The '07 is 2S2-18140-10-00.

7090_shiftcamfork.gif

when replacing, order the 07 part number NOT the 06 number. the 07 has eliminated the roller bearing and just has a roller wheel. there is a sticky on the this at the top of the 450 faq page complete with pics. my bearings and cage did the same thing, most were stuck in the magnet on the fly wheel. fished as much as i could out with a magnet, cleaned fly wheel, installed new detent arm, and rode it like i stole it for supermoto. have close to 50 hours on her still runs well. ski

yikes Justin how long was this symptom going on? 4/5th into neutral....one ride several rides?

Was this the shift fork or what? I am confused...arm and bearing?

Yeah sorry I dont know the technical terms:bonk: ...but at first when my bike was shifting into neutral, I thought it was my clutch. I knew that my clutch was getting down towards the end of its life so we replaced it. The dropping out a gear had pretty much stopped, (I thought) until my last race when it dropped into neutral off of a tripple...thats when I tok my whole engine in for rebuilding.

when replacing, order the 07 part number NOT the 06 number. the 07 has eliminated the roller bearing and just has a roller wheel. there is a sticky on the this at the top of the 450 faq page complete with pics. my bearings and cage did the same thing, most were stuck in the magnet on the fly wheel. fished as much as i could out with a magnet, cleaned fly wheel, installed new detent arm, and rode it like i stole it for supermoto. have close to 50 hours on her still runs well. ski

Grey thanks for posting the pic - Is the part number the same for 06/07 ? I was curious if 07 part superceeded 06

and skidooboy you just helped confirm.......I will be doing a tranny/other check soon and this will definitely be upgraded, anything else that should be swapped in there? ...you guys rock :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice on that, I wouldn't have known that.:thumbsup: Most of my bearing cage was stuck to the fly wheel magnets as well.

Grey thanks for posting the pic - Is the part number the same for 06/07 ?
No, it's not. That was a typo (corrected). The '07 part is 2S2-18140-10-00

Well the parts order will be going in tommorrow...I'll be sure to order the 07' part and not the 06'. So after this part is replaced, will I experience easier/better shifting or anything like that? Thanks to everyone who helped or replied:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No, it's not. That was a typo (corrected). The '07 part is 2S2-18140-10-00

thanks again Grey....

I have an 06. Haven't had any trouble with this part but seems like it may be a good idea to replace it with the 07 part. What is involved in swapping out the lever?

It's a bit of a pain. You have to remove the right crankcase cover, and the clutch, then disassemble the shifting ratchet assembly. This is not really very difficult, but it gets a little complicated, and the the ratchet assembly will fall apart at least once while completing the job. Don't lose the little springs and plungers.

Well I ordered the 07 part today from MDK...I'll let you know how it goes once I get it...thanks!:thumbsup: