HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
michaelval

yz 250 vs yz450f

8 posts in this topic

is the 250 in good shape and does it have any aftermarket parts? personally i dont like any 450f that isnt a 06 or newer because of the frame but thats my opinion

the yz 450 only have 4 gears.

if you like 2 t go for the 250 its lots of fun.

i fint that even the 06 yz450 feel front heavy.

My vote goes for YZ 450. After riding a YZ 426 for 5 years, I hopped on a YZ 250 that belonged to a family member and took it for a spin- it felt like a mini bike to me. I love the torque and broad power of the 4 stroke, the 250 pinger just didn't feel like it had any guts. It was piped and jetted spot-on also.

It really depends on your riding style and what you want to do with the bike. If you've never rode a 4 stroke you may not like the 450. Ride them both, then make the call :thumbsup:

yes the 250 yz an fmf pipe and some other stuff idk.

thats what i was saying beczu if the cost of maintenence,,

the maintenece on 2 strokes isnt that bad. the thing you will spend most your money on is the oil to mix with the gas. but the 2 smoke has a shorter life expectency then the 4 stroke. if you change the oil and air filter on the 4 stroke it will probably be your best bet. but if you never change the oil (like my friend) your gonna have to cough up 1300 dollars to rebuild it

My vote goes for YZ 450. After riding a YZ 426 for 5 years, I hopped on a YZ 250 that belonged to a family member and took it for a spin- it felt like a mini bike to me. I love the torque and broad power of the 4 stroke, the 250 pinger just didn't feel like it had any guts. It was piped and jetted spot-on also.

It really depends on your riding style and what you want to do with the bike. If you've never rode a 4 stroke you may not like the 450. Ride them both, then make the call :thumbsup:

I'll have to agree with you on this one. I rode a couple different 426's from 01' until last year. I sold the 426's and got an 05' YZ250. Although the bike is leaps and bounds lighter than the 426, it just doesn't have near the grunt the 4 stroke had. My brother has a CRF450 and when I go from it to the 250 it definitely feels like I have just hopped on a mini bike.

But, when it comes to tight single track, I would take the power loss and the 250 any day over the 426/450. The 4-stroke feels top heavy and just heavy all around compared to the 2-stroke. I guess like cowboyona426 says... it depends on your riding style.

See I'm just the opposite of creeker, he prefers the lighter weight of the 2T in the tight stuff, and I'll take the few extra pounds of the 4T for chuggability and torque when it's tight. I'm not much of a powerband rider though, I've always liked a bike that I can torque around on. Just goes to show ya, there's no "one size fits all" bike.