HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minty0_10

OEM exhausts? any good?

10 posts in this topic

anyone know anything about these?

are they any good i guess there bound to be better than the standard can but how do they sound and perform.

anyone know anything about these?

are they any good i guess there bound to be better than the standard can but how do they sound and perform.

maybe I'm off base here but.... maybe there is a company called OEM exhuast.

but...

OEM = Original Equipment manufacturer .... for example Yamaha is an OEM.

Minty,

I know yours is an '05, but have you ever considered this type of thing?

(This is a thread about modifying the stock '07/'08 muffler for cost-free performance gains). Maybe this can't be done with the older mufflers, I don't know.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349760&highlight=Modified+Muffler+saves+big+%24%24%24%24

Greg

Are you talking about the GYTR can from Yamaha? I don't have one but I've heard they're about on par with other aftermarket cans, in both performance and sound.

well this is what ive bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320271453616&rd=1

has a few dents witch is not a bad thing while im getting used to the bike :thumbsup:

its got to look and sound better than the standard can plus i can keep that whole

and with the current exchange rate ive had it for £50 or £100 dollars delivered to the uk

bargin i think

well this is what ive bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320271453616&rd=1

has a few dents witch is not a bad thing while im getting used to the bike :thumbsup:

its got to look and sound better than the standard can plus i can keep that whole

and with the current exchange rate ive had it for £50 or £100 dollars delivered to the uk

bargin i think

OEM = stock

you telling me ive bough a stock exhaust! :thumbsup: well if it is it still looks better than my pea shooter and it has a removable baffle so maybe all,s not lost

That's the same pipe that came stock on my '04, i love the sound and power with the silencer removed. it might be slightly heavy, but its durable!

That is definitely not a stock, OEM YZ450 exhaust. The tail pipe is wrong, as is the conical lead in to the muffler. What it appears to be is the aforementioned GYT-R pipe.