Good Trade?

I have a 07drz 400s plated dual sport for sale. I was offered a trade for a white 07 yz450. I am having a hard time making up my mind because I have a very heavily modded 08 wr450. Having a plated bike is fun, but the power on a drz is like a big sewing machine. Not much! I am asking 4700 for my bike. What do you think?

I have a 07drz 400s plated dual sport for sale. I was offered a trade for a white 07 yz450. I am having a hard time making up my mind because I have a very heavily modded 08 wr450. Having a plated bike is fun, but the power on a drz is like a big sewing machine. Not much! I am asking 4700 for my bike. What do you think?

seems like an okay I trade, I see 07 450's getting about 4 grand locally (Colorado). How many hours are on said 450? Any hop ups? Maybe tell him to give you 500 plus the bike

with other variables aside... a DRZ for a YZ450 is a no brainer

+1 get the YZ

I agree, get the YZ

ya, you would be coming out on top of that deal for sure, use your WR for woods and use the YZ for mx tracks

I agree, take the YZ and run. I'm sure the DRZ is a good bike, but just not my flavor.

Thanks guys. I made the trade. The bike looks brand new, maybe 10 hours on it. The oil and filter were in bad shape due to riding in sand, and some lack of maintenence. It starts first or second kick, but the motor is a lot louder than my 08 wr450. Do the yzs make more engine noise? Thanks.

any pics?

... the motor is a lot louder than my 08 wr450. Do the yzs make more engine noise? Thanks.
Those older than '08 do, yes, and especially the '06/'07 models. The aluminum frame attenuates the noise better than the steel of the older models. On the '08 YZF/WR, the primary gear backlash was closed up to quiet th ebike down some.

I would change the oil pronto and get an hour meter on it. I don't notice more engine noise per se on my 450 compared to my 00 426, but I do notice a hollow, echo type sound from the 450 that I always figured was due to my WC skid plate. It makes the valves seem a tad noiser too.

echo type sound from the 450 that I always figured was due to my WC skid plate. It makes the valves seem a tad noiser too.

hell yes, I put some 3m spray glue and some foam ruber no more echo...:thumbsup:

I think you got a good deal yz450 rock :thumbsup:

gray is the man:worthy: