The YZ450F Pilot's Desiderata

I am in the aviation field. I work as a Flight paramedic. We have a framed set of famous words by Thomas F. Legg on the wall in our dispatch office. I have modified it a bit for my TT Bretheren.

Discover your far horizons; but embrace the terrain softly, quietly, so that others of your kind may follow.

Know your limitations from moment to moment and be humble when the elements are against you.

Accept the advice from those before you, seeking out their truths.

Use your temper as a catalyst to keep you advancing; guarding it with vigilance though, lest you be obliged to bite your tongue.

Leave your mistakes behind you, noting their lessons as part of your tuition for learning.

If you quit, and you will want to, beginning again will be lonely.

You cannot know the color of truth unless you wear its cloth;therefore let honesty itch your mind, gleaming conspicuous in the eyes.

If you become a hostage to the fear of the unknown, challenge it with tenacity;keeping in mind however, that only a fool is fearless.

Remember how lucky you are to ride the dirt, the blind and lame may only dream.

Be the optimist; the forever hesitant are losers.

In each of us there is conflict-daydreaming versus reality. May dreaming prod your curiousity, but reality wield the sword.

Expect the unexpected. It will develop an awareness for murphy's law;If something can go wrong-it will.

Your time on earth is a perpetual moto/loop/race cancelled with your passing;you are wise then, to spend each day as though it were your last among those of the living. You are entitled to complain;use maturity if you do. With your knobbies you will receive wisdom, courage and joy, but moreover you will have joined the college of a thousand friendships;never forget them.

Fly over the terrain from every quarter, jump high, scrub hard, and land true. Yet above all, know when it is time to put the bike on the stand. Remember you are not God-like but a mere mortal, vulnerable -a rider, and that is world enough.

Enjoy:ride: