WR450 won't start unless you roll it

I have an 08' WR450 that will not start unless you roll start it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I installed a Baja Design dual sport kit, but everything seemed straight forward. The stator mod seemed easy but for some reason after I installed the kit it has had this problem. I would have thought it was the stator but since it does run I eliminated that. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

I have an 08' WR450 that will not start unless you roll start it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I installed a Baja Design dual sport kit, but everything seemed straight forward. The stator mod seemed easy but for some reason after I installed the kit it has had this problem. I would have thought it was the stator but since it does run I eliminated that. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Your right, it is pretty straight forward. I installed one a few months ago but I had BD do the stator mod. For $30 I didn't want to mess with it.

Have you checked the volts at the battery once you get it started? I believe it should be ~13.5.

on my 08wr I've had 2 reasons for a push start

1. too much oill on air filter.

2. tight valves.

id say tight valves or battery is drained enough to not start

To be honest I would say that the jetting is too rich and your flooding it . I know on my 07 this was the case , my pilot jet was too big and it was very hard to start. I've got a 42 in it now and it's very close to right on , it changes a bit with the the air temp.