HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TooFast

Locked Up Motor

5 posts in this topic

Anybody seen this? Hit the kill button, motor went clunk and locked up solid. Kickstarter wouldn't move at all....oil and coolant were fine...removed the clutch - gearbox rotated and shifted fine...crank turns with a socket,has compression,valves working....oil pump drive gear rotates....kickstarter seems fine...counterbalancer rotates ok, no metal between any gears.I'm now thinking of bolting it all back together and trying to start her up...was hoping someone had an answer for this

When you say the kickstart wouldn't move....was it springy like your decomp lever was stuck? or immovable like it was locked metal to metal??

just asking

Jason

It was locked up solid, compresion release lever action felt normal. With the bike in gear and compression lever in you couldn't move the piston by rocking the bike. the kick starter wouldn't even move 1mm. Guess I'll have to split the cases to get any further. Thanks

I'm wondering if the engage gear for the kick starter had engaged and locked the kick starter. If the problem went away when you pulled off the right case maybe this is it and it is nothing serious??