HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roushxteam199

front brake master

9 posts in this topic

Hey well im in the process of fixing my bike from a minor incident at 50 mph 2 weeks ago on a road.

Well i saw this yz 450 have a cbr 1000rr front brake master. Has any one done it here and what did they need to make it work.

Im making my bike into a supermoto. Im making a custom dash for my vapor an my other buttons and i just think it would be a cool setup to have a cbr brake master.I might try to use the caliper to.

It's very hard to get a 4 piston caliper to clear the spokes on a super moto . I don't really see and issue with using a cbr master other then it's a bit huge . I would suggest a brembo style master , one can be had for cheap on e-bay .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Supermoto-Honda-16x18-Radial-Master-Cylinder-Cup-Lever_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35592QQihZ019QQitemZ290242707544QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I'm fairly sure all the stock banjo bolt and washers fit

ya i thought about that to. I just think its differnt to have the cbr master. i would shorten the lever.

I'll bet it will be very touchy . being that it puts out enough volume to work two calipers . I'll bet it will pull in kind of hard. it's most likely somewhere around a 20 mm bore. just as a guess.

yes i have thought about that to. mechanical advantage thats what it come to. it seems like every post i have tweav your the one that always answers all the questions. haha

My wr is a supermoto . it just does not have the monster brake yet. I have not needed more then just a 320 front rotor yet. :thumbsup: so I've do a little research.

DSC00969.jpg

ya i like your bike alot. that is what i want my to look like. it should be done the end of this month. im buying parts from guys on supermotojunkie.

that's where I got my rims. Right now the only thing bothering me about the looks of my bike is ,I think it's time for the blue to go away for awhile . I ready for a fresh look