06 flywheel pulling ???

rebuilding top end and chain how do i pull the flywheel? also cant find my owners manual is there a forum with specs,marks and torque. thanks happy riding

You need a flywheel puller, same one as for a CRF450.

Go to Common Threads, at the top of the index page for this forum, and scroll down to Miscellaneous to download a manual.

Just make sure you don't thread the puller all the way onto the crank/against the flywheel when pulling... seems obvious I know but it's not! :thumbsup:

Just make sure you don't thread the puller all the way onto the crank/against the flywheel when pulling... seems obvious I know but it's not! :thumbsup:
Ah, yes, good call.

He means to avoid screwing the thread protector down so far that it keeps the flywheel from coming off:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5462850

30222412898.jpg

Once again, grayracer to the rescue.

FWIW, I used a breaker bar on my puller. When the flywheel pulled free, I was treated to the joy of swinging my right knuckles into the serrated teeth of the left footpeg.

I would, if doing this again, wrap the peg in an old tee shirt or towel, since I don't break bolts free pushing with my left hand. Your mileage may vary.

FWIW, I used a breaker bar on my puller. When the flywheel pulled free, I was treated to the joy of swinging my right knuckles into the serrated teeth of the left footpeg.

I would, if doing this again, wrap the peg in an old tee shirt or towel, since I don't break bolts free pushing with my left hand. Your mileage may vary.

I did the same thing. I thought it would slide off slowly similar to a crank arm on a bicycle, not the case. It came off violently, just let go and I removed a large chunk of my pinky finger with my foot peg. :thumbsup: