HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RER97

06 flywheel pulling ???

8 posts in this topic

rebuilding top end and chain how do i pull the flywheel? also cant find my owners manual is there a forum with specs,marks and torque. thanks happy riding

You need a flywheel puller, same one as for a CRF450.

Go to Common Threads, at the top of the index page for this forum, and scroll down to Miscellaneous to download a manual.

Just make sure you don't thread the puller all the way onto the crank/against the flywheel when pulling... seems obvious I know but it's not! :thumbsup:

FWIW, I used a breaker bar on my puller. When the flywheel pulled free, I was treated to the joy of swinging my right knuckles into the serrated teeth of the left footpeg.

I would, if doing this again, wrap the peg in an old tee shirt or towel, since I don't break bolts free pushing with my left hand. Your mileage may vary.

FWIW, I used a breaker bar on my puller. When the flywheel pulled free, I was treated to the joy of swinging my right knuckles into the serrated teeth of the left footpeg.

I would, if doing this again, wrap the peg in an old tee shirt or towel, since I don't break bolts free pushing with my left hand. Your mileage may vary.

I did the same thing. I thought it would slide off slowly similar to a crank arm on a bicycle, not the case. It came off violently, just let go and I removed a large chunk of my pinky finger with my foot peg. :thumbsup: