Questions about 04 WR450

Ok so I am going to be purchasing an old beat up 04 wr450 for a supermoto conversion. I wanted to go with yellow hurricane graphics but hit a snag. Now finding yellow plastics for the WR is impossible also I could not find them for the yz. I did however find black plastics for a YZ450. Now they look very similar. If I were to go with a black Clarke tank what year YZ plastics will fit the WR if at all? I figured black plastics with the yellow graphics from a YZ will look just fine.

Anyone know if I could fit YZ plastics on a WR?

YZ stuff for an '03-'05 will fit, but to use the YZ side number plates, you need the YZ air box, as I recall.

With a stock WR tank the YZ shrouds will not work.... with the Clarke tank I am not so sure... I don't know if they were making WR specific tanks for that year or not.

Do you already have the tank?

With a stock WR tank the YZ shrouds will not work....
Good point.

I don't have the tank yet. Wanted to make sure things would fit before I commit to buy. If YZ stuff does fit then I will be able to get yelow plastics if not I will try black and see how that looks.

The tank is the key here... I had an 04' but kept the tank stock so I have no real experience in the matter... but before the e-start, it was easy to put a YZ tank and seat combo on a WR but now we have the battery to contend with and I don't think the YZF seat pan accomodates the necessary room for the battery. If you were to put an aftermarket tank made for a YZ on the bike will it need a YZ seat? I know the 07' and newer IMS tanks will go onto the WR with just minor seat modiications...

I relaize I am not much help here... Clarke may be able to answer your questions about the seat and tank.

Good luck :thumbsup:

I have an IMS desert tank on my '04 that requries YZ shrouds. I guess it depends on what brand of tank you get.

If you were to put an aftermarket tank made for a YZ on the bike will it need a YZ seat?

Good luck :thumbsup:

The WR seat works

The tanks come with 2 holes in the rear to mount the rubber thingie that slides into the front of the seat.