HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
450wr-rider

I want to change sprockets ,but to what?

6 posts in this topic

Hey

I have a balls to the wall 04 wr 450 but i ride with 08 yz 450's, my question is what would be a great ratio for gears to have a awsome low end power ,on the straight stretch my bike walks past them but when it comes to them doing wheelies or holeshot races they have me beat.any ideas???:p:thumbsup:

Hey

I have a balls to the wall 04 wr 450 but i ride with 08 yz 450's, my question is what would be a great ratio for gears to have a awsome low end power ,on the straight stretch my bike walks past them but when it comes to them doing wheelies or holeshot races they have me beat.any ideas???:p:thumbsup:

what are you running now ?

its all stock at that point <50 on the back and whatever stock is on the front.

if its all stock then your running 14/50

when your drag racing from a dead stop try starting in second and see how you do

Stick a 13 on the front. Its the nuts, the bike still pull 86mph on the GPS and is very fast through the gears. Fit a jetting kit too and you should be fast enough.