HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CAVSCOUT96

Picking up a "new" 450

4 posts in this topic

Fella's

I'm finally upgrading to the magic button!! One of my buddies is giving me a sweet deal on his NEARLY cherry condition '03 450F (coming off a 400).

He has all the parts for the starter mod, but hasn;t installed them yet. Anything else with the '03s that I should keep an eye out for? He's giving me too good a deal to pass up, so I am definitely getting the bike, just looking for preventative tips to keep it running strong.

Thanks in advance

Nope... the woodruff key I think is the only thing you really need to be concerned about with that year... If it is truly a low hour machine then everything should be good for a while:ride:

Do the starter mod right away, don't wait!

They also had the run of "string cheese" lube in the swing arm / linkage bearings on the WR's about this time... it's also a good idea to take this apart right from the start and clean / lube as needed.