HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frostbite

Star Wars Drag Race

3 posts in this topic

I went for a ride along the shore at lunchtime today and almost got duped into a race.

The other machine was bigger but I thought I had the advantage in the mud and sand with my paddle tire, so I was going to go for it.

We were lined up and ready to go, but a last minute glance at this Battlestar Galactica Lookin’ machine revealed he had an illegal hull. Caught that cheater cold!

Man, that shot is awesome !!

We don't get stuff like that here! (South-Eastern Australia.)

Greg

Man, that shot is awesome !!

We don't get stuff like that here! (South-Eastern Australia.)

Greg

Strong winds blow bits of iceberg into the fiord. We have a very high tide, so some get stranded and then refloat at the next tide. The tide was low at noon, and there were a couple of cool looking chunks so I rode down for a few shots.

berg3.jpg

berg8.jpg

berg13.jpg

Last night I broke off a chunk and carried it home on my lap. Iceberg ice is very pure. It froze a long, long time ago, long before pollution was invented. It’s very dense, compressed under the extreme weight of glaciers. A cube of this in your drink lasts 2ce as long as a home made one. Some folks melt it for drinking water.

icecube.jpg