HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zacw

2008 yz450f bog in the whoops...

4 posts in this topic

I just picked up my 2008 yz450f limited edition two days ago... I took it out and it has pretty good power... Well for a 155 pound rider like me... It ran just great for the first 20 minutes or so... Then It got really hot... I live in vegas so it's 110 degrees but Whenever i'd hit a bump or two it would bog and almost die... Then I took it through the whoops and it died...:p Keep in mind I was only in second gear half throttle though so it's not like i was beating the hekk out of it before it's broken in... I'm coming off of my 250 two stroke so i'm kinda confused...:thumbsup: Some of my friends say that it's just jetting but i am not sure and was wonderin if you have any tips????

110 is hot, in houston i see 100 at the most and h avent had any problems like that...id check jetting and go from there...what type of gas are you running?

That heat is high - it could be the jetting and/or in need of float adjustment. Does it cough out in air or landings? I suggest more saddle/breakin time and turn up the idle screw a bit