Thinking of buying a 06!!!

Hey guys!

I´m thinking of buying a second hand 2006 YZ450F! It´s almost new! Is there something I should know before buying it? Does it have any bugs? Whats the difference between 06' and 07'?

Thanks

yeah.. that yamahas cant turn worth of crap... so you should ride a red one...

lol.. just getting that out of the way..

not to many things changed between the years.. the 07 had wave rotors and a redesigned headpipe. i believe that was the only significant changes.

also some believe that the 06 had the better motor over the 07

the 07 has an easier clutch pull due to a redesigned linkage. that and then what slinky said are the main things. the 06 motor is supposed to hit a bit harder than the 07.

As for the turning, i found if you tilt the bike under you in turns instead of leaning far over with it it works wonders for the yamaha. the turning still irritates me to this day but it has a more reliable engine and better suspension than the honda so its a tradeoff

do you mean to tilt the bars in the clamps forward an inch or use offset clamps?

Thats what I was wondering too. Ive already rotated the bars to the +1 position in the clamps, i think thats what he meant and yes it helped a great deal.

I like the way mine turns but just to clarify, do you mean to tilt the bars in the clamps forward an inch or use offset clamps?
Rotating the bars usually puts the grips at an uncomfortable angle, but if you can tolerate it, try it at least as an experiment.

In my case, a different bend did it for me, but alternate bar mounts can be used, too. The results were surprising. I believe it's a combination of letting you move forward more easily and placing your hands at a different point above the wheel.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=657523

I like mine. Some Cycra Handguards from TT, a GYTR skidplate, the off road one, not the moto one, up one on the pilot, new chain and sprockets, good to go. Oh yeah, a 9oz. flywheel seems to calm it down a bit. Best trailbike I ever had.

Rotating the bars usually puts the grips at an uncomfortable angle, but if you can tolerate it, try it at least as an experiment.

In my case, a different bend did it for me, but alternate bar mounts can be used, too. The results were surprising. I believe it's a combination of letting you move forward more easily and placing your hands at a different point above the wheel.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=657523

Good read. Thanks for the info. Would it be possible to email me your brain in *.csv format so I can import it into Excel for future reference? ?