Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kyle450rider

MRD exhaust experience?

12 posts in this topic

I will be placing an order for my MRD exhaust soon. I would like to hear if anyone has any good info about them. I have heard great things but would like to hear some positive things about a system on a 2006-2008 yamaha. :thumbsup:

When I searched this forum for "mrd", I got 97 threads returned. Odd that you weren't able to find any of them.

Here is what I know about MRD , from my honda CRF buddy

great cust sat and svc.....bar none

good pricing

product works well and is well made. Power increased everywhere

guaranty that will give you your $$$ back if you are not happy

Dave at MRD will do anything to keep you as a customer including offering a trade up on his pipes from one bike to any other....something no one else in the pipe business does period.:thumbsup:

I would try it :p

Here is what I know about MRD , from my honda CRF buddy

great cust sat and svc.....bar none

good pricing

product works well and is well made. Power increased everywhere

guaranty that will give you your $$$ back if you are not happy

Dave at MRD will do anything to keep you as a customer including offering a trade up on his pipes from one bike to any other....something no one else in the pipe business does period.:thumbsup:

I would try it :p

thanks allot for passing on info on my stuff :cry: I need to clear up some things though , one way or another some guys must have exagerated what Im able to do , witch is fix pipes free if they fail or get broken in a crash , sorry I cant buy back used pipes , but I allways give a discount to guys that get a new bike and need a second pipe :p

When I searched this forum for "mrd", I got 97 threads returned. Odd that you weren't able to find any of them.

I was just hoping to hear some good things from people with these years of bikes with the MRD system.

thanks allot for passing on info on my stuff :thumbsup: I need to clear up some things though , one way or another some guys must have exagerated what Im able to do , witch is fix pipes free if they fail or get broken in a crash , sorry I cant buy back used pipes , but I allways give a discount to guys that get a new bike and need a second pipe :p

Dave thanks for clearing that up.....we know how those CRF owners exaggerate. :p

Curious what gains you are seeing on YZF450 ie...low to mid /mid to high or across entire RPM range? Is there more than 1 version? ie...shorter cannister/longer header or vice versa :cry:

thanks

David

I would also like to know some power increaes you have seen over stock exhausts. I know the 08 sucked but the 06 seems like a good system and i was wondering how big of an increase their will be in hp, and where in the rpm range the gains will be.

Currently i have a 97mm bore and +3mm crank (490cc's) CP piston at about 13.5:1 CR and ported head. I'm thinking the stock exhaust is holding me back (even though i have modified it) but not sure how much I would gain from an exhaust system. Seems like they don't tune then and change head pipe diameters etc like in the ATV world.

I would also like to know some power increaes you have seen over stock exhausts. I know the 08 sucked but the 06 seems like a good system and i was wondering how big of an increase their will be in hp, and where in the rpm range the gains will be.

Currently i have a 97mm bore and +3mm crank (490cc's) CP piston at about 13.5:1 CR and ported head. I'm thinking the stock exhaust is holding me back (even though i have modified it) but not sure how much I would gain from an exhaust system. Seems like they don't tune then and change head pipe diameters etc like in the ATV world.

good post :thumbsup: MRD -RACING builds custom pipes with large dia. headers for big cc 2 wheelers like DASA and some of the quad pipe guys , your setup would benifit from such a pipe :p

Dave thanks for clearing that up.....we know how those CRF owners exaggerate. :cry:

Curious what gains you are seeing on YZF450 ie...low to mid /mid to high or across entire RPM range? Is there more than 1 version? ie...shorter cannister/longer header or vice versa :p

thanks

David

lol....... , the stock pipes up to 07 are pretty good peak power wise, but you can still get decent gains low/ mid or mid/top , you can realy feel the low/ mid spec. and its the most popular , the mid/top is best for SUPERMOTO, both pipes are the same length , the tuning is done with different dia. tube combinations :thumbsup:

lol....... , the stock pipes up to 07 are pretty good peak power wise, but you can still get decent gains low/ mid or mid/top , you can realy feel the low/ mid spec. and its the most popular , the mid/top is best for SUPERMOTO, both pipes are the same length , the tuning is done with different dia. tube combinations :thumbsup:

whats the biggest Dia tubeing you put on a bike lets say for flattrack, iceracing or supermoto.. also would you beable to make the muffler short? but still get the same power..