Off the WR for a while

I blew out my back in January doing squats. Thought all was good 3 weeks later and was back to my old self until 5 weeks ago. This time it was catastrophic. I go under the knife on Monday for a microdiscectomy with a projected 3 month recovery. No riding the old steel dinosaur this summer. Wish me luck kids! ?...SC

I blew out my back in January doing squats. Thought all was good 3 weeks later and was back to my old self until 5 weeks ago. This time it was catastrophic. I go under the knife on Monday for a microdiscectomy with a projected 3 month recovery. No riding the old steel dinosaur this summer. Wish me luck kids! ?...SC

On the another note, you could be complaining that your aluminum frame makes it impossible to work on your bike:excuseme: Good luck healing up:thumbsup:

Good luck with that. I had it done last Dec. Am now 100% and was back riding after 3 -4 months. Easy surgery with instant results. Don't know if you have seen this or not - looks easy!

http://www.esurgeon.com/scripts/content/playmovie.html?filename=discmicrogmsd.dcr&returnpath=treatmentoption/back-lumbarmicrodiscectomy.html&doctorname=Robert%20S%20Pashman,%20M.D.&doctor=pashman&page=

Dude that makes my back hurt just reading it! I am a UPS driver and, always have problems with, my back. I have done everything from, chiropractic to acupuncture and, it seems the only thing that helps me is stretching and, exercise! Get well soon and, hit me up when, you get better and, ride some good Reno trails...?

I feel for you. Last Tuesday my wife came home from taxi-ing her sister somewhere, got to the end of the bed and screemed. I took her to a cyropractor(sp?) I know. Her x-rays showed a degenorative disk between her tailbone and the next up, her spine(atleast 8"s) went hard to the left and wasn't moving, and something else. She's 22.

Amazing stuff they are doing with back surgery nowadays. Sure they'll have you back in the saddle soon. Good thing the WR suspension can be set for plush. That and a soft seat should help during your recovery.

In the mean time, during your recoup, I'm sure you will be online and keeping us moderated.

I had the L5 S1 diskectomy 2 yrs ago, after spending 2 months on the floor. I was riding 1.5 months later. Easy surgery, quick recovery. The crippling pain was gone the next day. Hopefully it goes the same for you. The tall soft seat foam is much better than stock, on your back.? LOL

Enjoy the Vicodins

So are you going to quit doing squats? bikes are bad enough on the body and more fun! Good luck and ride soon!

Squats are over for me! I'll have to find a better way to work my legs. I think I'm going back to cycling. I just bought a new roadbike, so I'm going to use it as part of my rehab, that, and it'll help drop the minimally required 30 pounds. I just had the pre-operative x-rays taken today, and all my spacing looks pretty good in spite of the damage. I'm pretty optomistic at this point...SC

Squats are over for me! I'll have to find a better way to work my legs. I think I'm going back to cycling. I just bought a new roadbike, so I'm going to use it as part of my rehab, that, and it'll help drop the minimally required 30 pounds. I just had the pre-operative x-rays taken today, and all my spacing looks pretty good in spite of the damage. I'm pretty optomistic at this point...SC

Cycling is where it's at. You can improve leg strength and endurance. You can wear gay clothing to look normal as well:excuseme:

After riding I use an inversion table I got from K-mart and hang up side down to realign everthing I just hope I dont have to go under the knife. Good luck and have a good full recovery before trying to ride again.

Well, I'm 2 days post-op, and my leg pain is 95% gone. I have a little residual that comes and goes, but the doc says that'll dissipate over the next few weeks as the nerve heals. The biggest thing is the incision site which makes sleeping kind of a booger, but a little vicodin before bed and I'm good. I've been doing some slow walking on my treadmill each day, about a mile at a time, but the doc says to be careful as I could get a flare up. All in all, it looks like I'm on the mend. Thanks to y'all for all the good mojo...SC

Well, I'm 2 days post-op, and my leg pain is 95% gone. I have a little residual that comes and goes, but the doc says that'll dissipate over the next few weeks as the nerve heals. The biggest thing is the incision site which makes sleeping kind of a booger, but a little vicodin before bed and I'm good. I've been doing some slow walking on my treadmill each day, about a mile at a time, but the doc says to be careful as I could get a flare up. All in all, it looks like I'm on the mend. Thanks to y'all for all the good mojo...SC

Told you so! You'll 100% in no time. Don't rush it. Back surgery has come a long way in past several years. ?