HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
04WR450man

FMF Factory 4 Vs White Brothers E Series

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a full FMF Factory 4 system on my WR450 at the minute but its just too dam loud!

Would a White Brothers E series be any quieter? I know there are adjustable for noise levels but would that just sap the power like a standard can?

I have found one forsale cheap, looks like this:

WHITEBROTHERS.jpg

Many thanks

Trev

I have a white brother's E Series - WHAT did you say?!?!?!

It's a loud pipe - esp. with the most plates installed - supertrapp exhausts tend to be quite loud because they spread the sound out and around, not pointing it down at the ground.

I've switched to the silent core insert in mine and it's quieter, but still loud.

I'm not noticing any power loss switching from 6 plates (maximum on mine is 10 or 12) down to just the silent core and no plates - the actual opening area is approximately the same as the plates would provide.

Did you get the 96db insert for your factory 4. I have the factory 4 with the insert. Its blows a 98.5 instead of a 96, even with the quiet packing.

Its not quiet, but its not nearly as obnoxious as when I didnt have the insert.

Hi,

Mine has the 98/99DB insert, I cant find any info on the 96DB ? do you have a link for it forsale anywhere?

Many thanks!

trev.

I have a full factory 4.1 with a megabomb header, and a 96db insert, and I blew a 94 a few weeks ago. The 96 doesn't take away any noticeable power. The real trick to passing sound is turning your idle screw down a little bit. It is better for your bike too. The megabomb does a decent job of taking a few decibels as well.

I have a full factory 4.1 with a megabomb header, and a 96db insert, and I blew a 94 a few weeks ago. The 96 doesn't take away any noticeable power. The real trick to passing sound is turning your idle screw down a little bit. It is better for your bike too. The megabomb does a decent job of taking a few decibels as well.

How would turning your idle screw in change your sound level ? They test you at 4500rpm :thumbsup:

I do lean my fuel screw out for sound tests. It seems to work :p I blew 93db last weekend with an 08 YZ exhaust and before trying the leaned out fuel screw I would blow 95-98db's.

This all could just be inconsitencies in sound testing. I asked Eddie in the jetting forum and he didn't seem to think jetting would effect sound levels.

Hi,

I have a full FMF Factory 4 system on my WR450 at the minute but its just too dam loud!

Would a White Brothers E series be any quieter? I know there are adjustable for noise levels but would that just sap the power like a standard can?

WHITEBROTHERS.jpg

Many thanks

Trev

I have the WB E2 pipe and it meets the 96db testing. Excellent pipe, strong, looks good, ads quite a bit to the bottom end and its been on sale everywhere lately. I got mine for something like $220. Don't write the E series off yet.

The 4500 rpm is a guess, my bike sure as hell doesn't have a tach on it. If they don't like you, they can rev it as high as they want until you fail. Lower idle makes less sound when the bike is just running. Half of the time the guy running the tester makes up his mind then on whether you are going to pass or fail while he is just listening to the bike idle.

The 4500 rpm is a guess, my bike sure as hell doesn't have a tach on it. If they don't like you, they can rev it as high as they want until you fail. Lower idle makes less sound when the bike is just running. Half of the time the guy running the tester makes up his mind then on whether you are going to pass or fail while he is just listening to the bike idle.

they should be using a mechanical tach, it looks like a hockey puck, they set it on the seat and it measures vibration.

they should be using a mechanical tach, it looks like a hockey puck, they set it on the seat and it measures vibration.

Exactly

Thank goodness, we dont have these issues in our country, our authorities ( if they figure it out) will eventually clamp down on loud zorsts!

If noise is not an issue what pipe would you reccomend? FMF 4.1 Factory or Dr.D. ? The carbon FMF pipe looks cool, what are the cons of the Carbon FMF pipe?

Thanks Gents

Hi,

WHITEBROTHERS.jpg

Many thanks

Trev

I just sold one of those. WAY loud!

i agree i have a e series and so does a buddy of mine there very loud pipes but sound great even with 5 discs in mine it still will BARK at ya if u nail it, if noise is a problem get a fmf q