Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tweav

does anybody know who makes the best wet nitrous kit

12 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a bit more power . So does anyon know who makes the best wet nirtous kit that can be made to fit my 07 wr450 .I found this on flea-bay Are there any other ones?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories_ATV-Parts-Accessories__NOS-03001-ATV-4STROKE-NITROUS-SYSTEM-ARCTIC-CAT-YAMAHA_W0QQitemZ200227250742QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadnZATVQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQddiZ2811QQadiZ2869QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=

Hey Tweav,

I wanted a bit more top speed for my 400 for a cross country race (against sleds) so I borrowed a NOS kit very similiar to the one you looked at. It was a pain to set up and required an electric fuel pump. I researched the setup for the bike and then scrapped the idea. It's not very practical for off road, and a bit dangerous, since there aren't a lot of (or any) places to mount the can where it is protected from puncture.

It might be fun on the street though.

Frosty

Hey Tweav,

I wanted a bit more top speed for my 400 for a cross country race (against sleds) so I borrowed a NOS kit very similiar to the one you looked at. It was a pain to set up and required an electric fuel pump. I researched the setup for the bike and then scrapped the idea. It's not very practical for off road, and a bit dangerous, since there aren't a lot of (or any) places to mount the can where it is protected from puncture.

It might be fun on the street though.

Frosty

I was only thinking of having the bottle on the bike when my supermoto setup is on . so just street . I was thinking fuel pump in the air box , bottle on my rack , solenoids under the left number plate maybe . I'd like to get close to 60 hp out of this bike . I'm making 52.1 now. I don't think porting , bigger valves and bigger cams will get me there . bore and stroke maybe . but then your talking 2000 -3000 just not worth it right now . so that brings me back to the bottle.

I put a coldfusion kit on my CR500, overall it was a good kit at a great price but 6 months later im having issues with the nitrous solenoid and just this morning dropped $90 for a new one.

That kit seems like a really good deal but dont forget to figure in another $150 for misc connectors/switches/shrinkwrap/relays.

You will really love the juice, even with all the niggly little issues its sooooo worth it :thumbsup:

Heres the thread on my build.... http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578854

And some other good reading for ya....

http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=896

http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1338

I'm kinda new to the forum, but have used nitrous in many applications. Nitrous on a high strung 4 stroke thumper is BAD IDEA...imo...

Nitrous on a high strung 4 stroke thumper is BAD IDEA...imo...

The hillclimb boys do it all the time with no issues.

I knew someone on here would know something about it . I'm not sure how much of a shot I can give this 450 . It does have a new je piston . If I don't like it on here I can put it on my cr500 when I'm done building it up. so do you think I would be wrong to buy the N.o.s. kit , I have a account and get 35% off from them?

I would get the NOS or a NX kit if I was gonna do it again. Make sure whatever you have it installed on has a forged piston.

The biggest Ive tried was a 35 (28 fuel 32 nitrous) shot and IMO it was too much, I ended up with a cracked piston....

I currently have a 22 nitrous 20 fuel (supposedly 20 rwhp) installed and absolutly LOVE it :thumbsup:

like I said I just put in a forged je piston that I polished the top on to help eliminate the hot spots . do you think the titanium valves will take it ?

do you think the titanium valves will take it ?

Dont know :thumbsup:, none of my bikes have valves :p

I have a buddy who has a KTM 525 and he runs a 20 shot with no issues, I dont know if they have Ti valves tho.

I really wish this bike didn't have valves ether . I miss the power of my 500 , the constant tuning and tweaking and the oil changes are driving me nuts , I'm half temped to drop a 500 motor in this wr, but I'd rather have both bikes , so I was thinking a shot of juice on this dog might curb my hunger for real power until I can get my 500 done .