santa fe n.m. riding

MAY 22ND AND OUR HIGH TODAY WAS 31 DEGREES PLUS WE GOT 4 INCHES OF WET SNOW HERE IN GREAT FALLS, MT. THINKING ABOUT MOVING. DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF THERE IS GOOD RIDING AROUND SANTA FE OR ALBUQUERQUE. I WOULD EXPECT THERE TO BE AWESOME RIDING IN THE DESERT, BUT I KNOW HOW THE FUN POLICE CAN BE, DON'T WANT TO CRUSH ANY CACTUS, OR LIZARDS.

Originally posted by theron:

DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF THERE IS GOOD RIDING AROUND SANTA FE OR ALBUQUERQUE.

Yes.

The national forests are all closed due to fire

danger :D That leaves quite a bit of BLM land (desert) with the current conditions I would not recomend it......but than I hate the desert. :) Try southern blvd. just outside

Rio Rancho.

Lots of good riding in the Albuquerque area. The area to the west of town, and west of Rio Rancho are great. Many sand track roads, single track too with some sandstone canyons. Lot's of sandy wash and hillclimbs. Not to many rocks. The Jemez mountains are fun also, really good in the summer as they are much cooler than the desert. But the Jemez mountain area as well as many other mountain areas are closed due to or drought. Not to many FUN police here. I left them all in California! :):D If you come down give me a shout for the guided tour!!!!