HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Summit

Will there ever be an elec. start YZ??

5 posts in this topic

Do you think Yamaha will ever put an electric start on a YZF? I want to make a trail/woods bike out of a YZF some day but I sure love my WR's electric starter. Don't care about the lights or odometer or any other WR stuff. I'd love a fuel injected, elec. start YZf 450....yeah baby!!!

They are race bikes i highly doubt it, espcially with weight issues and all.

KTM did it and they didn't gain any weight. Yamaha could do it, but I don't see it happening.

1 person likes this

I thought there where rumors of a e-start, but rather than a battery it used a condensor to store power to run the starter? I thought it said the condensor could not hold alot of power so if the bike did not start within a couple of cranks you would be kickin it. Oh and since it did not have a battery the first start of the day had to be from a kick. I am not smart of enough to think of this on my own so I had to have heard it here.