The Trail Tech aluminum kick stand (PIC's).

trailtechks1.jpg

This is what you get.

trailtechks2.jpg

Stainless steel spring catch.

trailtechks3.jpg

“ElCheapo/Plasteaco,” poor choice of material for the base.

trailtechks4.jpg

Plated steel bracket, with excellent large, beefy, shoulder bolt.

trailtechks5.jpg

Plated steel metric mounting screws.

trailtechks6.jpg

Comes polished to perfection, bolted up perfectly.

trailtechks7.jpg

Poor design...when the stand is folded, it crashes against the side panel. ?

trailtechks8.jpg

Machine work was done to perfection. Great looks!

More and more companies must be making them now, helps drive the price down. Still a lot of money for a kickstand IMO.

The stock steel kickstand weighs quite a bit. I can see why people take them off for good!

It’s well built accept for the composite base. If anything is going to break it most certainly will be that. I too, like to start my bike with the kickstand down. I guess time will tell how the base holds up. You would think parking it on gravel would destroy it.

This stand doesn’t stick out as bad as the stock WR kick stand. Plus, the main bracket sits back a little farther on the frame than the stock one. I would think the boot rubbing would be less of a problem.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the nice post.

Here are a few bits of info:

The stand is cold forged and the pivot is CrMo. Standing and kicking is no problem. As well, boot rubbing should not be an issue.

We modified the tooling to move the foot from the side cover. The current one hits on some bikes, not on others. If yours hits, call in and ask for a new pivot plate (free when they are done).

It would actually be much less expensive to make to foot from metal. The foot is plastic to keep it from getting sharp. A metal foot gets sharp from use on rocks/pavement. When sharp, the foot is an extremely hazard. Getting tangled with a sharp foot on a crash can lead to serious cuts (one of our riders got 18 stitches from a sharp kickstand foot).

The trail tech kickstand is 1 pound lighter than the stock WR stand.

TrailTech: (check your private messages).

The stand is no doubt built like a tank, my compliments on a fine product. Thank you for explaining about the plastic foot, there definitely would be a safety issue with a metal one.

I’m glad to hear about the re-tooled pivot plates. It’s not a real big issue, but it keeps picky people like me happy LOL. ?

Anyway nice job, and hope to see more aluminum products from you guys! Have you ever considered an aluminum WR/YZ frame? :D