What digital camera to buy???

I have a bonus coming and after buying parts for the beast, I'd like to get a camera.

Any suggestions?

Bill

I'll post pics of the TT ride in June ?

mcarp, bring your cam and all you download stuff.

I am very happy with my Canon Elph S110......very small , easy to handle if you want to take it riding and takes great fotos. About four hundred bucks for 2.1 pixels. Would buy it again. ?

You obviously haven't thought hard enough about what parts you can add to your bike... there should be no bonus left for toys like a camera... ?:D think Harder, think Titanium, think Carbon Fibre....

If you want to take your camera riding, then small and light would be good... and a large smartcard capacity... get a good case for it, and it should survive in the bottom of the backpack... go for 2 megapixels or more... depends on what else you are planning to do with it... besides pics of TT members doing stupid moves on their bikes... :D:D

Good luck,

David

Bill,

I own a photography studio so I have a pretty extensive knowledge base on digital cameras. Your choice will really depend on how much you want to spend and what you will be using it for.

Send me an email and I'd be happy to help you out in making the right choice.

Tim

tim@jameshoward.com

P.S. I see your from PA - Have you checked out Paragon Adventure Park yet?

I would discuss it with TJ....The clarity of 2 pixels sucks next to my 5 pixel Sony. But the better the calarity the more your gonna pay. Mine cost me $900.00 but worth every penny for as much usage as we get out of it.

Bonzai ?

Bill, Good question. I just recently bought the new Nikon Coolpix5000. It has 5 megapixels and is an amazing camera. I took the camera to Italy two weeks ago and got some great shots, especially in the "High res mode" where I made some great 11 x 17's. It's not really a point and shoot camera and has alot of manual options. It is quite pricey though, I bought it on line for $826.00 with no tax out of New York which is about $300.00 less than my local Best buy (Yes my camera is brand new in a sealed retail box from Nikon.

On the other hand if you don't plan on making prints anything bigger than an 8 x 10 don't waiste your money. You really only need the extra mp's for blowing up images.

My first digital camera was a Nikon Coolpix775 (2mp). That camera was the best little camera that I've ever owned. My boss and best friend both have the Canon Elph 2mp, and we looked at photos from both cameras back to back and we have all agreed that the little Nikon had sharper and more colorful images than the little Canon even though the Canon was smaller and had a metal case (good for moto). I believe that the Nikon775 might be discontinued and replaced by the 2500. Either camera could be purchased under $375.00

http://www.nikonusa.com/usa_product/product.jsp?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=25048

Good luck and let's see some pics when you get your camera.

DL ?

Get yourself a sony mivica FD200 or the FD300

200=2.1 pix. 300=3.3 pix. the 200 is a smaller camera but less pix. Both take a pictures and 6-8 minute MPEG movies w/sound.The best thing is you use a cd or cdrw disc,Holds a s*** load of pictures. Download and then reuse your disc.

About $1000.00 depending on which one you get. ?

You need to buy a REAL Digital camera that uses High Power Lithium batteries instead of one of those cardboard throw aways.. ?

My (Battery) last for 12 hours or 1200 shots, I have never had to go to my reserve battery, even for a three day event.

HEY BILL...Here is the link for the Digital Camera World, Professional Resource...

http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS.HTM

Bonzai :D

[ May 23, 2002: Message edited by: YAMAKAZE ]

I really like my Sony Cyber-Shot 3.2 MP. It has the ability to shoot a variety of shots: Multiple frames very fast, double frames, all kinds of settings, 15 sec MPEG movies and more. It is small enough to fit in my Camelback Mule or my snowboarding pants. Another very cool accessory is an underwater housing that fits the camera precisely. You have access to nearly all camera controls while underwater. I think it is good for 40m. For scuba photos below 30-40 feet the color quality will be poor due to the lack of external flash.

Batteries are spendy, as are the accessories. Sony has a racket going on there.

Memory sticks very in size and can be used for MP3 music as well.

Integration into a Sony Vaio laptop is seamless with the built-in Memory Stick port. HP has a new printer out that has 3 direct ports for photo devices; Memory Stick, Compactflash, and Smart Media. The 4" display on the printer allows you to view and edit pics directly at the printer.

You can triple your battery life if you turn off the video screen and shoot more pics.

Just got Kodak 3 Megapixel digi cam- fantastic-

Action shots look great in burst mode to take a series of shots. The only thing I dont like about it is that it will not record MPEG vids like a few others will.

Originally posted by TJames:

Bill,

I own a photography studio so I have a pretty extensive knowledge base on digital cameras. Your choice will really depend on how much you want to spend and what you will be using it for.

Send me an email and I'd be happy to help you out in making the right choice.

Tim

tim@jameshoward.com

P.S. I see your from PA - Have you checked out Paragon Adventure Park yet?

It's okay to share your info with the rest of us too....we won't use it against you later ? . It doesn't take any more time to type it here than in an e-mail.

No, it means Bill crashed yesterday and can barely get around the house.

Thanks for the information folks. Looks like "for the money", I'll stick with buying parts for the blue beast and wait for technology, to bring the price down.

Bill ?