HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crotchrocket

BK Mod Candidate

2 posts in this topic

Is there really a need for the BK Mod on a 2002? I am mechanically inclined, but I really have second thoughts about drilling into an 800 dollar carb! I also want to be able to totally return the bike to stock when I get ready to sell it! I hate it when I buy someone else's bike that they have put all sorts of custom modifications on! I have also found that resale value is better with bolt on products rather than permanent, homemade mods. This is why I am thinking about the P-38 Lightning. Any comments? Thanks!

you want the smallest spit of fuel you can adjust. so little that the "bellows" of the system have a job clearing their lungs. just a spit :) ok?

if you ask here someone will actually tell you what it delivers. whilst i believe it's less than of old i believe that it's still substantial.

if you do long rides with no fuel stations or enduro races where you have the energy to ride three hours without a stop this is a must.

i did a three hour straight last season and came 8/108 on 15/48 gearing. a few fast straights otherwise gears 1, 2 and 3 only.

did the three hours and had about 1/2 gallon left.

Taffy