HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CAVSCOUT96

Front wheel binding after new barke pads

4 posts in this topic

Guys,

I searched and read a few threads. I think I'm OK, but wanted to toss this out.

I changed my brake pads last night. My old pads were WAAAAAY worn. still had material on them, bot not much. I had to push the calipers WAY back just to get the new pads in, and then had to wedge the pads open to get the rotor in when remounting the front wheel (had the forks off getting serviced).

Anyway, I did the wheel alignment drill... axle nut finger tight, bounce the forks..etc, and the front wheel is still super tight. The pads are definitely rubbing which I know is normal to an extent, but I barely get one full revolution when I spin the front wheel. Is there a way to relieve pressure on the pads without getting air into the lines?

Thanks in advance

you have to ride for a while, to get the pad seated right against the rotor and to get teh pad a little smoother - they're a lot rougher upon innitial install and will smooth out after a few hard endo's and skids.

1 person likes this

did an hour or so of "light" moto (not much of a jumper), and the brakes and whell are back to normal.

Thanks fellas

now I just have to get this countershaft seal leak sorted out.