Noisy fork springs 07 WR450

Hey everyone. I replaced the fork seals and sliders on both sides. One was leaking and I couldn't get it to stop. Everything went back together nicely I double checked everything while following the manual. I noticed when setting the axle that you can hear the springs clang a little . I've never noticed this before, but I never was paying attention till now either. Is this normal? Thanks for any input.

Hey everyone. I replaced the fork seals and sliders on both sides. One was leaking and I couldn't get it to stop. Everything went back together nicely I double checked everything while following the manual. I noticed when setting the axle that you can hear the springs clang a little . I've never noticed this before, but I never was paying attention till now either. Is this normal? Thanks for any input.

if i take my hand and light tap the side of the fork i can hear the spring on my bike...the first time i heard that i was like *** so i went over to my dads bike (same) and his did the same thing...both bikes work great so i assume this is normal but heck i could be wrong:applause: hope this helps!

Thanks for that. I think its probably normal I'm a little paranoid about it as I have never taken forks apart before.

My 08 forks did the same thing! I ride mostly desert with, a lot of whoops. I had my stock forks set as stiff as you could go. Any time I sunk the front wheel hard I could hear them squeaking bad. I would say it is normal but, I needed more fork so, I put on a pair of 07 YZ forks. Praise the lord!:thumbsup:

I hear that same exact cling from the springs and it was driving me crazy for a bit trying to figure out where it was coming from. I want to say it is normal cause the bike is out of warranty now and I already put to much money into it :thumbsup: