Oil question on 04 yz 450?

i have a 04 yz 450 and just found out that there were a couple of places to drain the oil out of. i only used the one under the engine. it doent have any problems runing or anything but how bad is this on the motor?

dont be lazy .. pull all the plugs alot of oil hides in the steal frame bikes...

i have a 04 yz 450 and just found out that there were a couple of places to drain the oil out of. i only used the one under the engine. it doent have any problems runing or anything but how bad is this on the motor?

I read that yamaha designed it that way for the people who didnt keep up with maintinence to make the motor last longer. I doubt you did any damage if you were draining say a quarts worth and putting a quart in. My friend has an 05, bought it new, is a fast B rider, he changes his oil once, maybe twice a year and cleans his filter next to never and that bike still runs like a champ. Although i am positive when it goes its gonna be toast.

Yes I forgot to say, it is the wrong way to go about it, but since you didnt know there are two drains you are probably okay, but you would be best served to run out there and drain both the frame and motor, change your filter and fill it up with some good oil.

thanks will do

I read that yamaha designed it that way for the people who didnt keep up with maintinence to make the motor last longer. I doubt you did any damage if you were draining say a quarts worth and putting a quart in. My friend has an 05, bought it new, is a fast B rider, he changes his oil once, maybe twice a year and cleans his filter next to never and that bike still runs like a champ. Although i am positive when it goes its gonna be toast.

some people have a new bike change the oil every 10 hours etc. and have it fail.

while yz's are known to be bullet proof, your friend is just plain lucky.

some people have a new bike change the oil every 10 hours etc. and have it fail.

while yz's are known to be bullet proof, your friend is just plain lucky.

Oh I agree he is lucky. I know the 06 and newer seem to be the ones that people are not so lucky with. my 08 has been solid so far. But I change oil every three to four days of ride time.