HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kz2zx

YZ426 - Plating. Good idea for my deal?

6 posts in this topic

(Earlier text snipped)

Looks like I bought a 2000 YZ-F, and I'm going to plate it.

Goody - more research and more stuff to work on!

Wow, bux 1000 on my card later...

1 sidestand (MSR/Trailtech)

1 Dakar kit

1 set of good stuff from a y2k1 426 clutch

1 y2k1 WR426 stator and flywheel

I'll still have to get DOT-stamped tires before I can plate it. Oh, and I get to pay Sales Tax and (still off-road) registration for the bike tomorrow.

Okay, I splurged. One set of Excel 17" SM rims (3.5 front 5.00 rear), Buchanan spokes, and a set of OE wheels from a boneyard are on their way. This'll let me keep dirt wheels (also Excel alloy, came with the bike) on the beast when I want to get dirty, commute, and still let me race LWSB/Clubman and Singles. You read it here first, folks.

Found out at the MVD today they don't even want to inspect it. My signed say-so is good enough. 'Course, I'll get an equipment ticket if I get pulled over and am missing anything, so I'll install the Dakar kit.

Rode it again, that clutch has GOT to be modded before I wanna do a stoplight in traffic.

I'll need a 3-day tag to get it - get this - emissions tested. The carb hasn't been ZipTy'ed or had any mods done (OE exhaust still), so it should just be a fuel-screw adjustment if it doesn't pass.

Fun, fun. Lots of parts coming makes kz a happy man.

Plated.

Waiting for the stator & clutch parts. New 17" rims'll be here Monday.

Yeah... I'll post pics of the wheel lacing when I do it next week. Wife and kids have the digital camera with them (they took a road trip to see Grandma), they return Tuesday.