HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AZ Thumpdaddy

WC rad cages with IMS 3.1 - 07 YZ450

6 posts in this topic

Does anybody know if the WC rad cages fit with the IMS 3.1 tank? Also, are you able to use thse stock white plastic cooling fins with this set up? I called Zip Ty today and they are out of stock and won't have them for awhile. Any down side with the WC cage?

Thanks for the help.

I have the WC cages and an IMS on my 06, no problems. I will say the WC cages can be bent. I hit a pine tree square on the tip of my left radiator shroud. I made the shroud look like an accordion and bent the cage back some, but the radiator was undamaged. I went back to the truck, unbolted the shroud, straightened everything up and went riding. I think I got my money's worth on that one.

I have the WC cages and an IMS on my 06, no problems. I will say the WC cages can be bent. I hit a pine tree square on the tip of my left radiator shroud. I made the shroud look like an accordion and bent the cage back some, but the radiator was undamaged. I went back to the truck, unbolted the shroud, straightened everything up and went riding. I think I got my money's worth on that one.

well in all fairness at the end of the day its only metal, metal bends. but it did save your radiator and in my book it served its purpose.

I installed this combo today on my 07 and no problems. Need to use the longer bolts and spacers that come with the cage for the lower shroud mounts. Good stuff.