HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AZ Thumpdaddy

2007 pipe question

7 posts in this topic

I have done the forum searches and get mixed results. I have a stock 07 and ride desert. I am debating between a PMB end cap with the stock exhaust or a Yosh SS full system with the spark arrestor. Is is worth the $400 difference? I chose the Yosh as it appears to be the only one that doesn't interfer with the oil filter cover bolt and it has a protective guard on the header pipe. Any others that don't interfer? Opinions are welcome.

T-Diddy

I have an '07 YZ450F with the PMB end cap, spark arrestor and silent insert. It's a good setup, and work is fairly easy. There is no fitment problem, and IMO, it's not worth the extra cost to go with aftermarket unless you're concerned about sound levels. Which, you could just repack the stock silencer and see if it'll cut it down.

I put a PMB end on my son's '05 YZ250F with stock exhaust. At the same time I did it, I repacked the silencer. The reduction in noise level was incredible to say the least.

I'll be repacking the silencer on my 450F to get the noise level down further than it is (didn't repack when I installed PMB). Timing is good as I submerged my bike this weekend, so it needs to be repacked anyways.

I love my Yoshimura , it is the only one I know of that does not block the oil filter. I ride an 08 yz450 and it was huge gains, big bottom and lots of over rev. I removed the spark arrestor though since I mostly ride track.

SO I want to repack my stock 07 silencer, does anyone know which end I should drill out (the endcap or closest to the header) and when replacing the rivets, what size rivets should I use? Thanks

I love my Yoshimura , it is the only one I know of that does not block the oil filter. I ride an 08 yz450 and it was huge gains, big bottom and lots of over rev. I removed the spark arrestor though since I mostly ride track.

I know that post is a year and a half old... but I guess you found out anything short of glasspack mufflers produces HUGE gains on an 08..lol, Nice pipe!

SO I want to repack my stock 07 silencer, does anyone know which end I should drill out (the endcap or closest to the header) and when replacing the rivets, what size rivets should I use? Thanks

I did both ends. Might not have been necessary. But, I did.