Southern Ontario, Canada RE: St. Williams Forest

Anyone here that uses or has used St. Williams forest for riding should attend a meeting on Land use for the Ontario Government. Its being held in Simcoe at the Econo Lodge, on Dec 5/02.

Anyone here that uses or has used St. Williams forest for riding should attend a meeting on Land use for the Ontario Government. Its being held in Simcoe at the Econo Lodge, on Dec 5/02.

Did you go? Just wondering what was said.

Peace Eh - P.Z.

The MNR are writing a new management procedure for the forest. Of coarse other than a few hunters and a couple of us that ride there, most of the people attending where tree huggers. Don't get me wrong I am not anti environment.

The "scientists" claim there are endangered plant life that need to be protected and the use of the forest is damaging that eco-system. Since I am not a " scientist" I can not disprove this. The problem is hunters and riders are likely the only people who actually use this land, but the Government will listen to the louder minority like usual.

My friends and I will voice our thoughts on the issue, I sure wish bike and atv riders would organize like the guys who sled. It seems as though all of us, Canada, U.S, and Australia are in the same situation these days.

:)

Where are the local dealers and manufacturers in all of this? Although this meeting was not well publicized.

Hope things work out there.

Would like to ride that side of the province some day.